Aurangabad 14 July 09
“Cong-NCP Government by depriving rural labor from right to work & starving the Educated Gramrojgar Sevak From Opportunities creating volcano of public anger!
Kumar Shiralkar(Vice President AIAWU) addressed to the regional rally of Gramrojgar Sevak in Aurangabad Maharashtra.
Thousands of Young & Well Educated Gram Rojgar Sevak from thousand villages working under the NREGA rallied in Morcha to the Divisional Commissioner Office in Aurangabad Demanding Full Implementation Of NREGA, Better working Conditions & Remuneration of Rs 6000/- per month For Gram Rojgar Sevak. Morcha was organized By Maharashtra Rajya Gramrojgar Sevak Sanghatana an Organization Initiated By Agriculture Workers Union & affiliated To CITU. Since April 2006 Gram Rojgar Sevak working under the NREGA did not received a single rupee as remuneration for the work they carried out For Implementation of NREGA. Neither they have been given any training.
More than 2500 Gramrojgar Sevak participated from every corner of Marathwada region ,they participated from nearly 60 Tahasil From 9 Districts.
Congress-NCP led Maharashtra state Government has made a mockery of NREGA act. Though the Government claims High about EGS in Maharashtra it is worst in Implementation. Maharashtra has the record lowest minimum wage of Rs 68 for agricultural workers. Cong-NCP Government with acute antilabor policies hast just denied the every right of work to the rural poor. Marathwada the most under developed region & source region of migrant workers for sugar cane harvesting , Brick kiln & construction has witnessed struggles of agricultural workers for the demands of Job-cards & EGS works specifically (Dharur) Beed & (Jintur) Parbhani last year. Though some good initiative has been shown by exceptional Bureaucrats in some district Cong-NCP
government for the interests of Sugar baron & Construction Lobby has issued many orders 'against the spirit Of NREGA act '( As it was mentioned in the many Orders from the Union Government) With The Consistent pressure of Left & CPI(M) on UPA Govt Since April 2008 All the 33 Districts of Maharashtra came under the NREGA. But he state Govt distorted NREGA for their own interest & made a claim of work for not only 100 days but for 365 days Under Maharashtra Gramin Rojgar Guarantee (MREGS) act which was never in reality ! The main purpose of this distortion is to keep away the rural poor from the right of work for 100 days ! With the disasters Liberalization & Globalization policies of Cong-NCP Government the opportunities for new employment for the Youth rarely Exists !
When NREGA/MREGS was started in all the districts many Graduates & even Post Graduate Youth from the rural poor & labor Families applied for the post of Gramrojgar Sevak expecting at list bare minimum remuneration for their survival ,support for family ! But the dream of this youth to bring a saree for old mother through own earning has been shattered by the anti people policies of the Cong-NCP
Government. Neither there was work for rural poor nor the Remuneration for the Gramrojgar Sevak !
With the consistent struggle for EGS work in some pockets of Marathwada our Agricultural Workers Union established good rapport with Gramrojgar Sevak. The state Center of Agricultural Workers Union studied the issue of Gramrojgar Sevak in detail & immediately decided to organize Gramrojgar Sevak on state level for Strengthening the struggle For Full implementation of NREGA with a broader unity of Agricultural Workers. Gramrojgar Sevak who are with good education & most of them came from rural poor families gave an enthusiastic response for Union & also uphold the demands of Agricultural Workers with a radical spirit ! The charter of demands included
1. All the Budget on MREGS under NREGA should be spent.
2. All Job-seekers applied for Registration should get Job Cards as per the provisions of the NREGA
3. Gram Rojgar Sevak should get appointment Letters Duly signed by Dist Pro-gramme officer.
4. Gram Rojgar Sevak should be Paid Rs 6000/- per month as ‘remuneration’ along with extra TA & DA and/or, Meeting allowance since the date of Joining April 08.
5. Gram Rojgar Sevak should be given status of Muster Assistant.
6. Gram Rojgar Sevak should appointed in the every village of the Maharashtra State.
7. Gram Rojgar Sevak should be Provided Good Quality Training
8. Every Grampanchayat should be given a ’Rojgar Kaksh’ Block should have Implementation Team & ZP should have Co-Ordination & Monitoring team. Here the Gram Rojgar Sevak having Higher Qualifications should Get promoted & incorporated
9. A Separate Cadre should be formed (such as in ICDS project) for Implementation of NREGA
10. Contradictory orders & Practices Conflicting with the NREGA should be withdrawn
11. Transparency & Accountability Rules (Under NREGA) should be Strictly Followed.
12. The pending Cases of Less than Minimum wage payment should be immediately sorted
13. A detailed Time & motion Study of work & wage should be under taken in every District For Implementation Provisions of Minimum Wages
14. Minimum Wage Of the work should be raised at least to 150/- Per day
15. No Out sourcing of Data entry or any such work on contractual basis should be permitted
16. Gram Rojgar Sevak role of planning should be enhanced for Good Quality work under NREGA & rights to sign Exhibit 5
The district conventions has been organized in 13 districts & charter of demands were formed. The memorandum were submitted to the district Authorities in Marathwada, Khandesh & South Maharashtra regions. District level Dharana & rallies were Organised in nearly 10 districts. The First rally took place in the Kolhapur with a strong participation of nearly 600 Gramrojgar Sevak From 12 tahasils on 17 th June 09 which was led By Suryaji Salunke (CITU) Rajan Kshirsagar(AIAWU) Babasaheb Saravade (AIAWU). Dharana Agitation led by Shankar Pujari has been conducted on 18 June in the Sangli Dist which was a home District of the Congress Cabinet Minister For EGS Madan Patil. Rallies & Dharana agitations were also conducted in Parbhani Beed Jalna Osmanabad Hingoli Jalgaon Nandurbar District Head Quarters.
With this preparation the MRGSS Union Called for a regional rally in Aurangabad. District & tahasil meeting were conducted with rigorously, Leaflets & Posters were displyed on every Pachayat/Block. SMS (Marathi & English) & Emails were used on extensively. The effort to reach every corner of Marathwada has been made.
This created a big impact on the Gramrojgar Sevak in the Marathwada Region. 14 th July a rainy day in Aurangabad The regional capital poured with Red Flag & Red Batches thousands of Gramrojgar Sevak From Mahur (Andhra Border) to Asti ( west Maharashtra Border) reached Aurangabad city. Young Educated youth Raising slogans& demands for rural labor reached the Divisional Commisioner office. The rally was addressed By icon of struggle for rural labor Com Kumar Shiralkar (AIAWU) & Militant CITU Leader Com D L Karad. Best efforts has been taken by Rajan Kshirsagar, Babasaheb Sarvade, Prakash Chaudhari, Rameshwar Paul ,Kirtikumar Burande ,Sayyad Rajjak ,Maruti Khandare ,Ramprabhu Korde, Prabhakar Boddewar, Baliram Bhumbe,(AIAWU) Uddhav Bhavalkar,(CITU) Anna Sawant, Datta Dake, Adv Madhuri Kshirsagar. Mohan Shinde
Maharashtra Rajya Gram Rojgar Sevak Sanghatana
Cell : +91 9860488860