Maharashtra Rajya Gramrojgar Sevak Sanghatana
Center for Indian Trade Unions
We are the representative organization of the ‘Gram Rojgar Sevak ‘working personnel’s for the NREGA & MREGS registered under Trade Union Act 1926 & affiliated to Center Of Indian Trade Unions.
The NREGA passed By Parliament of India has started Implementation in all over 35 Districts of Maharashtra since Apr 2008. This has a Great importance & significance for the rural Masses Of Maharashtra. This is the only available opportunity to the millions of landless & migrant rural Labor for employment in the villages. This is the best option available for increasing purchase power of rural poor & to impart development works.
The history of Maharashtra has shown helping hand of the Rulers to the people suffering drought & Famine whether it is Medieval or Modern ERA!
Unfortunately Maharashtra State Govt. Failed to address the correct Implementation Methodology. That is what has been seen on National Scenario for implementation of NREGA with Union Govt Funds. Maharashtra Is Lagging Behind for utilizing this opportunity for the people especially rural poor.
Here we want to put forward the issues & concerns about the above mentioned Problems
I. The Plan Prepared for MREGS under NREGA has not implemented in full spirit.The Example of Parbhani Dist shows that out plan of Rs 418 Crores only 2 Crores has been spent.
II. Out of nearly 300000 applicants for Job Cards only 40,000 has been distributed.
III. No work has been provided to a single person in the currently Drought hit 3 Tahasils viz Palam Gangakhed & Sonpeth.
IV. Not a Single Family has been provided 100 Man days work in the year 2008-09.
V. All the Gram Rojgar Sevak appointed has not given any kind of appointment letter by the concerned authorities.
VI. None of the Gram Rojgar Sevak has been given any kind of training
VII. Not a single Rupee has paid as remuneration to the Gram Rojgar Sevak in the duration of Complete Year. Where as State Govt Of West Bengal Provides the remuneration of Rs 4000/- per Month along with TA & DA (Copy Attached).
VIII. The Minimum wage has not paid on the worksite at Walur Tal. Selu which has been visited by the NREGA Central Observer.
IX. No Calibration Of minimum wages with Time And Motion Study has been carried out by the authorities
X. No separate staff has been pooled for the special Task force at Block & Zp Level
XI. The Gram Sevak/Village Development Officers were completely boycotting the work MREGS under NREGA
XII. The Maharashtra State Govt has Declared the lowest Minimum wages For EGS work in all over India
XIII. The only work of Farm ponds has been offered by authorities on EGS which has with its wrong lid-lift rates results in lower than minimum wage.
XIV. The Maharashtra State Govt draws the wrongful Royalty as Revenue For the Excavation Of soils/minor hence forth Bags Funds of Union Govt. to State Govt Account for Nothing.
In This Scenario we put forward the following Demands on behalf of the thousands of Gram Rojgar Sevak.
Union is on Dharana Agitation for its following demands in front Of Zilla Parishad Parbhani on 30 th April
1. All the Budget on MREGS under NREGA should be spent.
2. All Jobseekers applied for Registration should get Job Cards as per the provisions of the NREGA
3. Gram Rojgar Sevak should get appointment Letters Duly signed by Dist Programme officer.
4. Gram Rojgar Sevak should be Paid Rs 5000/- per month as ‘remuneration’ along with extra TA & DA and/or, Meeting allowance since the date of Joining April 08.
5. Gram Rojgar Sevak should be given status of Muster Assistant.
6. Gram Rojgar Sevak should appointed in the every village of the Maharashtra State.
7. Gram Rojgar Sevak should be Provided Good Quality Training
8. Every Grampanchayat should be given a’Rojgar Kaksh’ Block should have Implementation Team & ZP should have Co-Ordination & Monitoring team. Here the Gram Rojgar Sevak having Higher Qualifications should Get promoted & incorporated
9. A Separate Cadre should be formed (such as in ICDS project) for Implementation of NREGA
10. Contradictory orders & Practices Conflicting with the NREGA should be withdrawn
11. Transparency & Accountability Rules (Under NREGA) should be Strictly Followed.
12. The pending Cases of Less than Minimum wage payment should be immediately sort out such as Walur Tal.Selu Dist Parbhani.
13. A detailed Time & motion Study of work & wage should be under taken in every District For Implementation Provisions of Minimum Wages
14. Minimum Wage Of the work should be raised at least to 120/- Per day
15. No Out sourcing of Data entry or any such work on contractual basis should be permitted
16. Gram Rojgar Sevak role of planning should be enhanced for Good Quality work under NREGA
We Expect The State Govt May Call us for the Discussion & sort the issues above Mentioed
Cell: +91 986 048 8860